This site is the front end for the Ghess chess AI
, Fenimore's creation during his retreat at the Recurse Center
- This site is run with Go (the programming language, unfortunately there isn't a Chess programming language).
- The Human versus Human client doesn't work on Heroku. It is a websockets powered client and is currently supporting only one game at a time.
- The database is a key-value store BoltDB, which is a lightweight Go database.
- The underlying chess engine is likewise written by me, Fenimore, and it's likewise in Go.
- The UI chessboard is the chessboardjs chessboard.
- The magnificant gif is taken from Hsu's site, http://everythingisreally.com/.
- The AI is implemented with a Minimax algorithm.
- It implements Alpha Beta pruning.
- It's a fair bit slower on heroku.
- It searches three ply for Easy, four for Medium and five for Hard.
- There is a (small) dictionary for openings.
Fenimore Love 2016 | Source Code GPLv3